ABOUT GEAR INC.
Gear Inc is an American owned and operated Game Studio located in Hanoi and Danang, Vietnam, at the crossroads of Southeast Asia. A booming hub for innovation and a thrilling place to live and work!
We have an experienced, international team of developers working on top-grossing titles played by millions of casual and core gamers. We are growing our in-house projects and also collaborate with world class partners like Scopely (WWE Champions, Looney Toons, Star Trek..) on some exciting titles.
We hire exceptionally creative and talented people from all over the globe that bring experience and international standards to the table, but that’s just the start! Commitment to our people is our real strength and the key to our success.
Company size: +500 employees
For more information, please visit our
● Website: https://www.gearinc.com/
● Facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/GearIncTeam/
Job Title: Effect Artist/ VFX Artist Intern
As the Effect Artist/ VFX Artist Intern, you will be responsible for the design, creation and implementation of special effects and animation for UI and characters, while respecting all technological limitations, deadlines, and following the artistic direction of the production. You will have the opportunity to learn everything here at our studios!The main and routine functions of the VFX Artist Intern are to:
● Become familiar with game design documents, and identify special effects opportunities and
● Gather reference images/videos matching desired effects, to be approved by the Art Director;
● Create simulations/animations to be used for gameplay elements like interface, gacha, chests,
● Create textures for particles effects and related decals;
● Check effects quality once imported into the game, and make improvements where needed;
● Communicate closely and regularly with the VFX Team Lead, Production Manager, and other
departments to ensure a smooth effects pipeline;
● Complete tasks in a timely manner;
● Maintain a clear, methodical system of data storage and retrieval of effects;
● Carry out all other related tasks.
● Chance to work on big game development projects.
● Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential. Chance to become full-time
● Chance to work closely with both experienced Vietnamese and foreign experts.
● Attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment.
● Open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered.
● Flexible working hours, we work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
● 13th salary and additional bonus every year
● Lunch offered and free drinks (coffee, tea, etc)
● Free in-house gym and game room for everyone: We love board games, video games, PS5, ping
pong, football tables, and VR games
● Free English/ Vietnamese classes with native teacher
● Standing desks if you like it, Modern hardware, No dress code, Company trip.
● Pet- friendly working space (we have 4 cats and dogs)
● Gym and in-house classes: Kickboxing, Yoga, Zumba, BJJ.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skill set:
● Familiarity with Unity regarding the creation and implementation of VFX or some other relevant
areas like graphic design, animation 2D, animation 3D or even video editing;
● Willingness to learn
● Familiarity in Photoshop and/or any 3D animation packages is a plus;
● Knowledge of other visual effects software is a plus.
● Good observation and problem-solving skills;
● Have initiative and be proactive; being creative
Required Application Materials:
● Portfolio/demo (website, blog, online album, Dropbox, etc.) demonstrating your skills and
Internship Duration: 6 months
Working Location: 125D, Minh Khai Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
If you’re interested in this position, please feel free to send us your resume and Portfolio at